Puppy School will give your puppy a good solid foundation for life, by introducing basic obedience and life skills, progressing each week as your puppy’s understanding and confidence grows.
Puppy School is a block of 6 weekly classes for pups aged 12 – 20 weeks at the start of the block. Each class lasts one hour. Puppy School has been developed by Gwen Bailey, (author of “The Perfect Puppy “) and we are part of a national network of approved training providers in the UK.
The training is all reward based. We only use and allow gentle techniques, reinforced with food, toys and praise. It’s also a lot of fun! No bullying, no humiliating of owners or dogs, just positive learning experiences in a relaxed atmosphere.
How does Puppy School differ from other training classes?
- We only ever have a MAXIMUM of 6 puppies in the class, so you can be assured of some personal attention and the puppies shouldn’t find it all too overwhelming.
- Puppies may be allowed to play off lead in carefully controlled small groups to ensure they learn good manners around other puppies, do not get scared, and do not learn to play roughly or aggressively.
- We spend time in each class on life skills such as learning to enjoy being handled by strangers, meeting children and getting used to strange sights and sounds
You will also receive:
- Free phone and email help in between classes if you need it
- A Full Colour Manual which supports the course – contains loads of information,and helpful hints as well as a summary of each week’s learning and reminders of what to practice
- Natures Menu Goody Box!! A box of foodie goodies from this fabulous dog food company will be delivered to your door!
- Free Socialisation Guide – emailed to you when you book and pay!
- Weekly emails to follow up teaching in class, with lots of additional help and information
You will learn how to
teach your puppy to:
- Come when called
- Sit, lie down, stand on command
- Walk on a loose lead without pulling
- Accept handling (including for vets and groomers)
- Accept people near to food bowls, bones and chews
- Stop play biting
- Be sociable with humans, children, and other puppies
- Greet people without jumping up
Puppy School classes now booking :
The dates given are the Class start date.
All classes are 1 hour per week. £80 per puppy per course. Follow the link to select your preferred course and book in.
Wednesday 9th January at St Peters Church, Bramley **SOLD OUT**
Sunday 27th January 2019 at Old Pool Bank Village Hall, LS21 3BT 6.30pm
**2 places available** Your puppy needs to have been born after 9th September to qualify for this course. Course runs for 6 weeks but there is NO CLASS on 17th February. Final date is 3rd March.
Sunday 24th February 2019 at Old Pool Bank Village Hall LS21 3BT 7.45pm
**6 places available** Your puppy needs to have been born after 7th October to qualify for this course. Runs for 6 weeks finishing on 31st March
Weds 27th February at St Peters Church, Bramley, LS13 3JF 6.45pm
**6 places available** Your puppy needs to have been born on or after 10th Oct 2018 to qualify for this course. Runs for 6 consecutive Wednesdays.